Welcome to the Diocese of Oakland Adult Confirmation Application Site.
2014 Adult Confirmation Dates have been set
Saturday, Feb 1st, 10am (general) - Please arrive by 9 am to recieve instructions
Saturday, Feb 1st, 2 pm (Spanish) - Por favor llegue antes de la 1 pm para recibir instrucciones
Online registration now active
Final date of online registration is January 10th, 2014.
Copies of Baptismal Certificates and Parish check list must be recieved by Valentin Carrillo
at the Diocese office no later then January 13th, 2014.
Dear Adult Confirmation Coordinator,
For each candidate participating in the diocesan celebration of Confirmation for adults on Saturday, February 1, 2014, at 10am for English and 2pm for Spanish. at the Cathedral of Christ the Light, with Bishop Michael C. Barber, SJ the following paperwork is needed:
- An Adult Confirmation registration form for each candidate, completed in full on-line. Please make note of this important change. The form can be filled out in English or Spanish.
- A recent copy of each candidate’s baptismal certificate. Do not mail the original. We will not be returning these items as we keep for our records.
- The completed Adult Confirmation parish check-list (one per parish submission, also available online).
It is the parish’s responsibility to turn in the above information for each candidate. Incomplete paperwork will be returned to the parish. Paperwork submitted by the candidates will not be accepted.
ITEM THAT NEED TO BE MAILED
Mail all copies of the baptismal certificates along with the Adult Confirmation parish check-list no later than January 10th, 2014 to:
Diocese of Oakland
Attn: Valentin Carrillo
2121 Harrison St.
Oakland, CA 94612
The Cathedral of Christ the Light, not the parishes, will notify churches of baptism after the Sacrament of Confirmation has been administered.
- The Cathedral of Christ the Light will be the church of record. It is important that all paperwork be complete and legible. Church of Baptism, First Eucharist, and complete address must be included. Certificates will be mailed to parishes following the rite.
- Each parish is expected to provide appropriate preparation for the reception of the Sacrament. Please include a study of the Rite of Confirmation in your preparation using the Introduction to the Rite of Confirmation (#1-19). The prayers and exhortations within the Rite (#20-33) provide excellent catechesis in preparation for receiving the Sacrament.
- The Rite of Confirmation does not call for a new Confirmation name. If a Confirmation name is to be used, please note it on the form and use that name on the nametag.
- See registration form for sponsor guidelines or Rite of Confirmation #5 and #6.
Information for the day of Confirmation:
- Before the liturgy begins, the Adult Confirmation Coordinator, confirmandi, and sponsor are to meet in the Cathedral Conference Center at 9:00 am or for Spanish at 1 pm to receive instructions.
- Each candidate must wear a nametag with the candidate’s baptismal (or confirmation) name printed legibly. Do not include the last name. The parish is responsible for this.
- Reserved seating will be provided for each confirmand and sponsor. All others, including the parish representatives and/or catechists, are to sit in the general seating area.
- Please note that there is only one sponsor (padrino/madrina) for confirmation.
Thank you for your cooperation. If you have questions, you may contact one of the following: Valentin Carrillo at email@example.com or (510) 267-8370; or Samuel Vasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 510-267-8394.
Samuel Vasquez, Coordinator of Catechesis and Adult Faith Formation